Patients right to keep fighting
This article got me!
It was really hard to go through it, I felt as if the writer were talking to me, I couldn't stop thinking about one of my grandparents suffering from a terrible disease.
It was pretty obvious doctor was totally in agreement, but at the same time he was totally scared for his patients suffering:
"This leaves me in an uncomfortable state: caught between my medical recommendation to pursue less aggressive care and my patient’s primal desire to rid his body of cancer"
But even though for doctors, it is difficult to accept the different changes and the aftermath that chemical procedures can make:
"She is only 34 years old, but after two rounds of chemotherapy, her youth is steadily leaving her."
It is sad knowing that people are suffering from these terrible diseases just like Cancer, but the worst of all is knowing that sometimes treatment is worse than illness itself, a clear example of agreement on the previous statement is:
"but they admit they do not really hear these conversations. All they hear is the loud drumbeat of what the next chemotherapy will be"
Doctors can, in some how release the pain with gentle comments and at the same time through giving info about treatments;
"I gently tell her that, perhaps, palliative care will give her the blessings of peace and time"
So this can be taken as a form of disagreement
I found some really good examples of arguments in this article:
"Aggressive treatments, such as more chemotherapy, are not going to cure these two patients"
An example of description which, as well, can be seen as a conclusion:
"Many physicians encourage early palliative care for terminally ill patients, to make the process of dying less painful, more cost-effective and patient-focused. But if the patients are not ready, instead of feeling relief, they may experience this advice as abandonment"
"The biggest lesson I have learned is that our role is to support our patients so that they can have the dignity to make these difficult choices and feel empowered to make their own paths, no matter how frightening the decision may be"
I made a long stop thinking about these four last lines and I figured out how important is health and how blessed we are with the simple gift of opening our eyes to a new day. Do not waste your time, enjoy your youth, live and love. Enjoy your time.
This article really got me!
This article got me!
It was really hard to go through it, I felt as if the writer were talking to me, I couldn't stop thinking about one of my grandparents suffering from a terrible disease.
It was pretty obvious doctor was totally in agreement, but at the same time he was totally scared for his patients suffering:
"This leaves me in an uncomfortable state: caught between my medical recommendation to pursue less aggressive care and my patient’s primal desire to rid his body of cancer"
But even though for doctors, it is difficult to accept the different changes and the aftermath that chemical procedures can make:
"She is only 34 years old, but after two rounds of chemotherapy, her youth is steadily leaving her."
It is sad knowing that people are suffering from these terrible diseases just like Cancer, but the worst of all is knowing that sometimes treatment is worse than illness itself, a clear example of agreement on the previous statement is:
"but they admit they do not really hear these conversations. All they hear is the loud drumbeat of what the next chemotherapy will be"
Doctors can, in some how release the pain with gentle comments and at the same time through giving info about treatments;
"I gently tell her that, perhaps, palliative care will give her the blessings of peace and time"
So this can be taken as a form of disagreement
I found some really good examples of arguments in this article:
"Aggressive treatments, such as more chemotherapy, are not going to cure these two patients"
An example of description which, as well, can be seen as a conclusion:
"Many physicians encourage early palliative care for terminally ill patients, to make the process of dying less painful, more cost-effective and patient-focused. But if the patients are not ready, instead of feeling relief, they may experience this advice as abandonment"
"The biggest lesson I have learned is that our role is to support our patients so that they can have the dignity to make these difficult choices and feel empowered to make their own paths, no matter how frightening the decision may be"
I made a long stop thinking about these four last lines and I figured out how important is health and how blessed we are with the simple gift of opening our eyes to a new day. Do not waste your time, enjoy your youth, live and love. Enjoy your time.
This article really got me!
Hi,
ResponderEliminarI think the fact of having explained each part was a good way to identify the "critical thinking skills" but I think it lacked more organization, for me it was difficult to identify some "critical thinking skills" and sometimes I did not find them, that's all. :)