- Reflection: emotional self-management.
For me, the emotions that are most difficult to manage when others disagree
with me are:
Frustration because there are some people that do not
understand that everyone is free to think the way they want, there are some who
want you to think the way they think
- I deal with that by:
I really try to breath and think that we are all
humans and that everyone has a different point of view even though they do not
think the same way I do, they deserve respect.
- Reflection: influences on my thinking
For me, the influences on my own thinking that I need
to be most aware of so they don’t prejudice my thinking are:
My background and the experiences, I need to be aware
of them because when I’m discussing something, I tend to think in a wrong way
due to something that may had happened to me.
- I will deal with this by: Trying not to mix my experiences or background with my thinking.
- Reflection: challenging opinions.
For me, the things I find most difficult about
challenging the opinions of other people are:
I tend to be very direct and very concise, sometimes I
am cruel when I tell people I differ from what they think.
- Reflection
Do you recognize anything of yourself in Bodner’s
description of students? What effects would the approach he suggests have on
your learning and understanding?
Yes, I think sometimes it is difficult for me to put
into practice what I have learnt, I try to use or to apply the methodologies
professors have taught me but I find it very difficult.
The effect will be that I won’t doubt what I know
because everything I have learnt will have a purpose or a reason for been
taught
- Reflection
Consider what you could do to manage these barriers in
the new few months.
Thinking beyond my own criticism will lead me to have
a different point of view about what it’s been said; the biggest barrier I
think I have is my inability to understand that people don’t think the same way
I do, I hope the course will help me understand the different types of thinking
and to respect what other people think.
I agree with you when you say that your past and experiences are an important factor when presenting certain arguments of reality. I really liked reading what you wrote, and I agree on some things you named. Let's continue expanding our perspectives. success!
ResponderEliminar