Okay, so before I jump into the lecture itself, I must express myself
about the length of it, even though it was a pretty long one, there were parts
of it where I found myself very involved in it, I could not stop listening what
the guy was talking about, but there were others were my eyes literally
dropped, themes just like politics, education, in whole terms, social injustice
and very current struggles among citizens.
What I was more interested in was the part when he talked about
changing strategies in order to create a heavier behavior in students, a heavy
behavior in terms of critical thinking for they to express and go deep in their
everyday problems, students must be engaged nowadays to be critical agents,
they need to challenge the authority other people have, but this is important
to be done carefully and responsibly. So, it is due to say, education has a
very powerful role in the society.
His view of how pedagogy is in somehow connected to political issues is
really incredible; I think it is true because it is necessary to know students’
background and social life inside and outside school, so, pedagogy should be
seen as well as the outcome we get from each struggle we face. This is also
intertwined with the fact that education does not only takes place in schools,
but in everywhere.
Even though everything he had said sounds so beautiful and easily to
understand, he makes big emphasis on how education still faces some big
problems, he mentioned that the power (governments) is acting in a form that
provoke them to fell invisible in front of people, I was reading in the section
comment and I found myself reading this one “The worst dimension of power, is
when it makes itself invisible”, besides being a powerful phrase, I think, it
is the saddest problem we have because if governments wanted, they could change
people’s life and future
Even though every day the injustice is reflected because governments
want to either close the public universities or take off their legal increase;
students are fighting for their rights on the streets, joined by social
movements or with labor unions. But they don’t obtain what they were looking
for, and we can’t seem to learn from this, we are still choosing our “leaders” wrongly
not thinking of common but personal necessities.
I loved this phrase “Human capital... The more you have the better life
you will have” I looked up for it and found out that human capital is how rich
you are in skills and capacities, how you use for mind to your good and the
good of others.
Comentarios
Publicar un comentario