Ir al contenido principal

First week journal


APPENDIX 3: POST OBSERVATION STUDENT
TEACHER’S SELF-EVALUATION FORM (Journal)
 
Name: ______LAURA LIZETH RUBIANO VARGAS_________________________ Date: ____02/09/19__
Write a reflection about the classes you oriented this week (bear in mind the following aspects: what you planned, what you did, and what you would do differently if you were to teach your lessons again). Give examples and descriptions of those situations that, in your view, are relevant to your learning experience.

We unit we are now working on is “giving dates” which basically contains days, months and seasons, in the first class, I used the color theory which worked wonders, students were very interested in doing something else that being just sat for about two hours coloring or doing templates, the idea to use the color theory meant that the connection they did was stronger because they got a clue for completing the task which was to organize the months chronologically, they also seemed to be very motivated with the competition I did, I will change a bit this activity by just giving the team winner either a candy or something else. The song I used was basically chosen at a very last moment however it was good and funny and easy for students to sing, they even liked it so much that they wanted to record the dance steps in the song in a video format for us to watch in the classroom next class. In the while activity, they felt a bit confused I will do this activity differently by giving them even more examples than the ones we gave, and I will also change the way of presenting the sentences, they showed them to me and that was all, on another occasion they will have to pass to the whiteboard and write their sentences. Even though I thought the post-activity was difficult for them, they could do it with very little mistakes that then were fix by writing the months on the board.


APPENDIX 3: POST OBSERVATION STUDENT
TEACHER’S SELF-EVALUATION FORM (Journal)

Name: ______LAURA LIZETH RUBIANO VARGAS_________________________ Date: ____03/09/19__
Write a reflection about the classes you oriented this week (bear in mind the following aspects: what you planned, what you did, and what you would do differently if you were to teach your lessons again). Give examples and descriptions of those situations that, in your view, are relevant to your learning experience.
We continued working on “giving dates Unit”, in this lesson I was deeply focused in months writing, which meant that days and seasons were left out of the lesson, I will change this a little bit differently, I will play a video and then introduce them to the days again even smoother, the idea of competing again work perfectly, they seem to like a lot to compete, this time I used my own advice and gave some candies to the winner group, I planned that they decorated their notebook page with some representative drawings of each month, but they did not get my message and most of them drew things out of context like dinosaurs and princesses, I will try to make my instructions clearer in future lessons.
The post-reading activity was very funny, they spent some minutes in an alphabet soup and they actually enjoyed a lot this activity.
 

APPENDIX 3: POST OBSERVATION STUDENT
TEACHER’S SELF-EVALUATION FORM (Journal)

Name: ______LAURA LIZETH RUBIANO VARGAS_________________________ Date: ____04/09/19__
Write a reflection about the classes you oriented this week (bear in mind the following aspects: what you planned, what you did, and what you would do differently if you were to teach your lessons again). Give examples and descriptions of those situations that, in your view, are relevant to your learning experience.
We unit we are now working on is “giving dates” which basically contains days, months and seasons, this time, we will be focused on days, but the warming up activity was built up around the months in order not to forget them, it was very funny, but as they were some students wearing glasses, I had to change the dynamic of the game, as the color theory helped me a lot in the first lesson, I used it again with the days, as the days are only 7 those were even easier for students to recognize, the short spelling competition created some discussions in the classroom, so next time I will try to the competition by passing one group at the time and not both at the same time. For the while activity, this time, they felt more secure, they had to complete some phrases following certain examples I gave, I tried to be walking in the classroom during the whole task and this allowed students to do a lot of questions which helped them a lot. For the post-activity, they were very frightened because it was the first time they faced the writing of the days, but I was next to them and if they felt very lost I tried to helped them by or spelling or pronouncing the exact day.



Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Thinking about "My patients are dying. But it’s their right to keep going"

Patients right to keep fighting This article got me! It was really hard to go through it, I felt as if the writer were talking to me, I couldn't stop thinking about one of my grandparents suffering from a terrible disease. It was pretty obvious doctor was totally in agreement, but at the same time he was totally scared for his patients suffering: " This leaves me in an uncomfortable state: caught between my medical recommendation to pursue less aggressive care and my patient’s primal desire to rid his body of cancer " But even though for doctors, it is difficult to accept the different changes and the aftermath that chemical procedures can make: "She is only 34 years old, but after two rounds of chemotherapy, her youth is steadily leaving her ." It is sad knowing that people are suffering from these terrible diseases just like Cancer, but the worst of all is knowing that sometimes treatment is worse than illness itself, a clear example of agreement on...

Why I decided to be a teacher

My name is Laura Lizeth Rubiano Vargas, I am 20 years old. I was born in May 1, 1999; I was born in Aipe-Huila, my parents are Zoila Patricia Vargas Puentes, and my father is Gerardo Rubiano Rubiano. I have 1 little sister her names is Melissa Rubiano Vargas, I also have 2 stepsiblings, my oldest brother is Amilkar Rubiano and my oldest sister is Adriana Rubiano, I do not have pets but in my house we have a little bird and its name is "the Solitario", I live in Neiva and sometimes I travel to Aipe to spend the weekend with them. I am currently in 8th semester of Degree in English at the Surcolombiana University, I have a 4.02 cumulative, I decided to follow this career because when ai was younger I had amazing moments in my school, I remember that my English professor was very sweet and very good when teaching; i decided to teach other people because I love seeing in their eyes when they feel happy because they understood the topic just reviewed., I love seeing them practic...

seventh week

  APPENDIX 3: POST OBSERVATION STUDENT TEACHER’S SELF-EVALUATION FORM (Journal) Name: ______ LAURA LIZETH RUBIANO VARGAS_____ ____________________  Date: ____ 24/10/19 __ Write a reflection about the classes you oriented this week (bear in mind the following aspects: what you planned , what you did , and what you would do differently if you were to teach your lessons again). Give examples and descriptions of those situations that, in your view, are relevant to your learning experience . In this new week I taught class to first graders, I can say that my skills for planning classes have developed a lot more, on week number 5, I had some problems with the plans I had made, but I feel way more satisfied this week because I can surely say that the goals I proponed were successfully achieved, kids had more fun than on the fifth week because this week activities were more dynamic and more didactic, I had promised myself that I will try to at least include 2 ...